MixMode Server Issues – Downtime and cheaters

Welcome to Arte et Marte – “by skill and by fighting” Forums Server related issues MixMode Server Issues – Downtime and cheaters

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Bullets-for-fee 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

an_enemy
    Participant

I really enjoy your mixmode server.

The only problem:

– it is usually down

– if it isn’t down, there is atleast one cheater present (a very obvious cheater that is)

Would it be possible to either implement a votekick plugin or add the possibility to summon an admin?

Right now, the server kinda taunts the legit players when complaining about the cheaters… which is kinda frustrating.

elgoes
    Participant

Hi there,

I support the case he’s trying to make. There used to be admins in the server daily before bf1 came out. Since then it’s been mostly silent because of a lack of both players and admins. Would be great to be able to play again.
    Also i can imagine the server costs some money. Which at the moment is a waste since almost no players use the server.

suprgau
    suprgau
    Participant

The Problem is:

The server is on official, because most of us moved to BF1. I can put it to “RANKED” which would allow our admin tools to kick in… However, it would have problems filling up… Economically, it is cheaper to rent a server. The real “expesive” part is to fill it up with several 100 hours to be spent.

That’s always the issue having the server on “OFFICIAL”. It doesn’t give us the right to kick cheaters…

Bullets-for-fee
    Participant

Hi there,

I must concur with Supergau …
    We all know how frustrating it is to have cheaters online and being unable to do anything to kick and ban them..
    On official our hands are tight and thus powerless but the server fill occasionally up.
    On ranked we are powerfull as admin but the server does not get started due lack of (enough) players.(i was unfortunatly a key witness in this)
    This impasse is being present even before BF1 we spend several hundreds of hours trying to make it work on ranked and failed numerous times.
    To implement the tools you suggested we need to put it back on ranked but the server will fail to start up for 95% of the time.
    the only think i can think off is spam EA and report such lame cheaters and state a comment about their silly ranked/official status.
    And pray that they take action to  ban them… it mostly works if you give a serious case to present  to them.
    Goodluck!

Ps: if you are able to muster such a dedicated gamersbase willing to kickstart the server mostly everyday it is possible to get it back on ranked… but you will need 9gamers atleast at the same time logging in.

an_enemy
    Participant

I understand the point you make.

Too bad there arn’t many mixed mode servers =\

I’ll see if I can muster that many gamers.

Also, thanks for the elaborate response, greatly appreciated.

Bullets-for-fee
    Participant

you are most welcome ! and thank you for the positive comment 😉

elgoes
    Participant

Awesome, thanks for the quick reply and good explanation!

Bullets-for-fee
    Participant

np 🙂

• Author

an_enemy
    Participant

I really enjoy your mixmode server.

The only problem:

– it is usually down

– if it isn’t down, there is atleast one cheater present (a very obvious cheater that is)

Would it be possible to either implement a votekick plugin or add the possibility to summon an admin?

Right now, the server kinda taunts the legit players when complaining about the cheaters… which is kinda frustrating.

elgoes
    Participant

Hi there,

I support the case he’s trying to make. There used to be admins in the server daily before bf1 came out. Since then it’s been mostly silent because of a lack of both players and admins. Would be great to be able to play again.
    Also i can imagine the server costs some money. Which at the moment is a waste since almost no players use the server.

suprgau
    suprgau
    Participant

The Problem is:

The server is on official, because most of us moved to BF1. I can put it to “RANKED” which would allow our admin tools to kick in… However, it would have problems filling up… Economically, it is cheaper to rent a server. The real “expesive” part is to fill it up with several 100 hours to be spent.

That’s always the issue having the server on “OFFICIAL”. It doesn’t give us the right to kick cheaters…

Bullets-for-fee
    Participant

Hi there,

I must concur with Supergau …
    We all know how frustrating it is to have cheaters online and being unable to do anything to kick and ban them..
    On official our hands are tight and thus powerless but the server fill occasionally up.
    On ranked we are powerfull as admin but the server does not get started due lack of (enough) players.(i was unfortunatly a key witness in this)
    This impasse is being present even before BF1 we spend several hundreds of hours trying to make it work on ranked and failed numerous times.
    To implement the tools you suggested we need to put it back on ranked but the server will fail to start up for 95% of the time.
    the only think i can think off is spam EA and report such lame cheaters and state a comment about their silly ranked/official status.
    And pray that they take action to  ban them… it mostly works if you give a serious case to present  to them.
    Goodluck!

Ps: if you are able to muster such a dedicated gamersbase willing to kickstart the server mostly everyday it is possible to get it back on ranked… but you will need 9gamers atleast at the same time logging in.

an_enemy
    Participant

I understand the point you make.

Too bad there arn’t many mixed mode servers =\

I’ll see if I can muster that many gamers.

Also, thanks for the elaborate response, greatly appreciated.

Bullets-for-fee
    Participant

you are most welcome ! and thank you for the positive comment 😉

elgoes
    Participant

Awesome, thanks for the quick reply and good explanation!

Bullets-for-fee
    Participant

np 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.